About to start the HCG diet and was wondering if I can eat brussel sprouts, caulflower or greenbeans on it? Answer: There are many people who have major concerns regarding this pregnancy hormone diet. The American Medical Association has studied it and found it doesn’t work very well, and may be quite dangerous in some [...]
I’m not looking for a debate about the HCG diet. I just took my last dose at about 1am this morning but I REALLY want to eat something more and different than that on protocol. I’ve never been entirely full this whole round of VLCD and I want to start maintenance NOW so I can [...]
I am 16, I want to buy the hcg diet is there a age requirement? Chosen Answer: u have to be 100 years old. sorry. ur off by about 84 years. by: Lol Kazer on: 27th January 11
Also, how much does it cost? I have been contemplating whether to do this diet or not. I have been watching daily documentary videos of different individuals who are successfully losing weight from HCG diet. Wow. I am impressed. Can someone assure me and persuade me to go on this diet? I need assurance that [...]
About to start the HCG diet and was wondering if I can eat brussel sprouts, caulflower or greenbeans on it?
There are many people who have major concerns regarding this pregnancy hormone diet. The American Medical Association has studied it and found it doesn’t work very well, and may be quite dangerous in some circumstances also. You really don’t need a fancy “diet” to lose weight, just common-sense approaches to health and life-style. If you really need to lose weight, then try aiming for about a pound to a pound and a half a week: if you lose it too quickly, it will come back quickly and easily also.
Some things which will help you maintain a healthy weight (see http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm for calculations which will tell you if you are at a healthy body weight, and will also show how you measure up against other young ladies of your age and height), are:
1) Build physical activity into your life-style: cycling and walking are great ways to get around whenever possible, swimming is a fun, all-round exercise, sports are also excellent and more fun than just “exercising”…. of course you can also go to the gym, but don’t fall into the trap of depending upon gym time and activities to get enough exercise and physical activity!!
2) Cut out snacking….. period. Eat at regular intervals: this is much healthier for your body, and you’d be surprised at how many calories snacks can add up to!!
3) Cut out junk foods – or at least minimize them. They add lots of calories but almost no nutrition. Soda pop is a big culprit, but pizza, white bread (yes, it’s a junk food – the vitamins they add to white flour are nutritionally almost useless), chips, burgers, etc.
4) Maximize the fruit, veggies, nuts and so on categories: find out which you like best and find tasty ways to prepare and cook them, and you’ll be more likely to eat more of them!!
5) Get enough sleep: this is important to losing weight and staying healthy all-round: when you don’t get enough sleep, your energy levels are low and you’ll be less likely to get out and do things: in short a sleep-starved person is often a lazy one!! Besides, the old excuse that you don’t have time for sufficient sleep (7 to 8 hours for most folks) is a false one: if you sleep well, you’ll be much more energetic and alert and you’ll get more things done in less time than you would if you skimp on sleep in order to “save time”!! Darkness and quiet are important for getting high-quality sleep. Keep your room cool at night, don’t hide your head under the covers (where you’re breathing in what you just breathed out….), and be sure to drink enough before you go to bed. A good shower followed by a nice shot of cold water also helps you to get to sleep!!
6) Drink plenty of water – more than you normally would: this will give you more energy, and will help your body function more efficiently overall. The color of your pee will tell you if you are drinking enough: it should be almost clear: if it is distinctly yellow you are not properly hydrated and need some more water. Sure you’ll go to the bathroom more often, but the increase in energy levels and the decrease in tension levels will make it more than worthwhile, trust me!!!
7) Eat a good breakfast, and a light supper. Breakfast gives you energy for the morning, and revs up your metabolism for the day. Without a proper breakfast you will be sluggish and not as energetic or alert. Breakfast foods should be ones which digest easily – this means bacon, hash browns and sausages are out while whole grains and yummy fruit are in!! Yougurt makes a good breakfast food too…. // A light supper will mean you don’t go to bed on a full stomach: a practice which is bad for your health since it impairs the quality of your sleep.
Wishing you all the best!!
I’m not looking for a debate about the HCG diet. I just took my last dose at about 1am this morning but I REALLY want to eat something more and different than that on protocol. I’ve never been entirely full this whole round of VLCD and I want to start maintenance NOW so I can finally be satisfied. Can I start maintenance tomorrow if I’m still hungry??
Hi! Even you are on the diet and following the protocol, you mus not starve yourself like eat some just don not make your self eat as much as you want, just simply eat an amount that you’ll cravings will be satisfied, just don’t starve yourself, and besides you have your maintenance.
by: Drew Kidman
on: 15th March 11
I am 16, I want to buy the hcg diet is there a age requirement?
u have to be 100 years old. sorry. ur off by about 84 years.
by: Lol Kazer
on: 27th January 11
Also, how much does it cost?
I have been contemplating whether to do this diet or not. I have been watching daily documentary videos of different individuals who are successfully losing weight from HCG diet. Wow. I am impressed. Can someone assure me and persuade me to go on this diet? I need assurance that this really does work with no harmful side effects.
These daily documentary videos of fat loss are on Youtube. Just search under “HCG” or “HCG diet.” You’ll find tons of them.
I was on the diet in June and lost 16 pounds in 24 days. I am back on the diet right now and have lost 11.8 pounds in 9 days. I am using the drops from prohcgdiet.com and I am not doing any exercise. I also have cheated 3 times. Halloween weekend and a trip to Olive Garden. This diet is just amazing.
by: Marlon P
on: 12th November 10
I have been doing the HCG diet and following the 500 calorie guidelines and restrictions, I have definitely experienced the appetite suppression involved with taking the drops, and I have lost weight. Its driving me crazy, I want to eat a regular low calorie diet so I don’t have to feel nervous about working out on only 500 cals. What will happen if I just use the HCG drops for the appetite suppression it provides and choose my own regular low cal diet?
All over the counter HCG products were banned as fraudulent by the FDA three weeks ago.
The promoters (con artists) have no acceptable clinical evidence their “product” does what they claim it will.
Testing concluded that most of the products out there have little to no real HCG in them but contain a synthetic derivative of the hormone.
Anyone that lost weight did it because they ate fewer calories than they burned.
The HCG acted as the placebo to help them lose the weight.
The only approved use for HCG is to increase fertility in both men and women.
The FDA will most likely allow the sell down of product and then put in a full blown ban with fines for failure to comply.
Look for the lawsuits to start against doctors for giving the shot form for anything other than fertility.
Next year will mark 60 years since this fraudulent science was started.
I don’t understand people buying the bad science that a hormone produced by pregnant women would cause weight loss.
All you ever hear about is women trying to lose the weight they put on why they were pregnant.
You will put all the weight back on as soon as you stop the calorie deficit. The HCG is irrelevant.
on: 24th February 11
I want to try the HCG Diet. I am healthy but a little over weight. Some places that sell the product say that women are prone to pregnancy loss and others say this is not true because it is used to help couples conceive. I just want to know if you have been able to conceive and not had pregnancy losses. Thanks
actually, a friend of mine got pregnant while taking the hcg drops, it can counteract with some types of birth control and she was unaware, she was only on the diet for a week or so too, got pregnant and gained more weight. if you are planning to get pregnant, then dont take the hcg because you will gain baby weight anyways, but as far as making a woman infertile, i dont think thats accurate it makes sense that it would only make a woman more fertile
on: 22nd May 10
Was wondering if any one had lost more than 40 lbs in 40 days on the hCG Diet protocol? I lost 33lbs in 6 weeks with a total of 54 lbs lost. They say men lose more (figures) I did my protocol through Inches and Pounds. I did so well they put my before and ater picture on the inchesandpounds website. Just curious if any one lost 40 or more lbs in 40 days.
hey can i see the pics? seriously I wanna start the diet too! Well anyways I know my friend did the diet and she lost 26lbs in around 30days. Im sure if she did 40 days she would have been pretty close to 40lbs like u
on: 14th September 10
I have been on the HCG diet for 2 weeks and missed my period. I took 6 pregnancy tests and on blood test and they all came out positive. I stopped taking the injections for a week and still had a faint positive. How long does it take for the HCG to completely leave my system so I can get an accurate pregnancy test?
yes, that is the hormone your body produces from pregnancy. lack of nutrition from only eating 500 calories a day will cause a missed period. also, you can get an ultrasound to prove yes or no. if you were and missed the period because of it, it will show up from the ultrasound.
on: 22nd July 10